On August 2nd, the Jerusalem Web Professionals (JWP) hosted a lecture by appSTUDIO entitled, “Making Your Website Mobile in 2011.” The lecture was rich in theory, strategy, and practical information for the designer and layman, alike.
The trends are clear: both current and potential donors are increasingly looking at the internet from their mobile devices.
- A recent report states that 25% of Americans say their doing most of the internet surfing on their mobile phones instead of a computer.
- Another poll shows that nearly 50% of mobile web users are unlikely to return to a website that they had trouble accessing from their phone & 57% are unlikely to recommend the site.
With the above in mind, at the event I interviewed some of the consultants there to hear the concerns of their nonprofit clients, as well as, the experts from appSTUDIO to learn the 5 questions every nonprofit should ask when considering a Mobile App:
- What’s better for nonprofits: mobile site or App?
- How should a nonprofit properly use an App?
- How can a nonprofit receive donations through an App?
- How much does developing an App cost?
- What prep-work should a nonprofit do before approaching an App developer?
Problems viewing the embedded video? Click here to see it on YouTube.
Image courtesy of Little_Karen.
Here are 7 reasons to build an app even if you have a mobile web site http://www.appsgeyser.com/blog/2011/06/06/203/
You can build a Native app for Android – and Android is more popular than iPhone/iPad for free from any web content using AppsGeyser.com’s easy-to-use platform.